| ||VoxWare MetaSound Audio CoDec 18.104.22.168|
Updated: 28 Jul 2004 | | 643KB | Downloads: 2194785
Voxware provides high-quality sound using low- to mid-range bit rates. It comes with a variety of mono and stereo audio formats to choose from depending on your network bandwidth. It is also suitable for encoding mono voice-only content at extremely low bit-rates.
MetaVoice works far FAR better than MP3 and even WMA at very low bit rates. You can get very good speech quality at 2kbit/sec! (Note I said "bits" not "bytes" - you can't touch that with MP3.)|
It'll do soundtrack noises pretty well too, although it can get muddy if there's too much going on. Using the MetaSound codec and upping the bit rate to a whopping 8 or 16kbit/sec will fix this. The best part is there are no restrictions on the Voxware codecs - you can use'em in pretty much anything and they'll play.
- Audio Codec Tag 75 may be requested when VoxWare MetaSound Audio CoDec is missing.
How to install VoxWare MetaSound Audio CoDec :
- Uncompress the files from "VoxWare_MSA_CoDec.zip" archive, right-click on the "voxacm.inf" file and select Install.
- You may encounter a prompt saying: "The software you are installing for this hardware... has not passed Windows Logo testing..."; click on the Continue Anyway button.
- "voxacm.inf" file can be hidden; find out how to show hidden files from here (Windows XP users) or here (Windows 9x/Me users).
• Note: - Due to high number of problems caused by the installation of VoxWare MetaSound Audio CoDec (see Comments page), a brief illustrated guide was added here.