How to install/uninstall AC-3 ACM Decompressor :|
If you've never installed the decompressor before, simply right-click on the "AC3ACM.inf" file, and choose "Install" from the popup menu. I don't think it's necessary to reboot, but it can't hurt. If you get a scary warning that the program has not passed "Windows Logo testing" (which is quite true BTW), choose to "Continue Anyway."
To uninstall the decompressor, start Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs" dialog, select "AC-3 ACM Decompressor", and press the "Add/Remove" button.
If you have installed a previous version of the decompressor, I recommend you uninstall the old version as described above, and reboot Windows before installing this version. (It's probably not necessary to do all that, but again, it can't hurt.)
- AC-3 ACM Decompressor solves the missing audio codec error, reported by GSpot: ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Changes in AC-3 ACM Decompressor 1.31 :
- Fixed an MMX bug in the decoding of 3/2 channel AC-3.
• Related downloads:
- AC3 Filter: is DirectShow filter for AC3 decoding to play .AVI with AC3 audio tracks and MPEG2 (DVD).
- WinampAC3: is a Winamp 2 and 5 input plugin to play .ac3 files.
- Valex AC3/DTS codec: is ACM decoder that allows any VFW application to play .AVI with AC3 or DTS audio tracks.
- AC3 Decoder: AC3 Decoder is a convertor for AC3 files to WAV, MP3, WMA. AC3 file can contains up to 6 audio channels.
- AC3 Delay Corrector: solves the problems when you try to resynchronize the demultiplexed mpg-streams.
- AC3fix: corrects any bad frames within AC3 files.